>Part 6b:1940s babyreproduction yellow accents

>

front reproduction

I thought I had taken pictures of this before I added the lace trim but I can not find them now.  Oh well!  Here is what my repo of the last slip looks like.  Like I said earlier it was too simple for me so I added some yellow tatting that I made years ago to the item to make it a little fancier I may still add some embroidery to it.  All of the items are to fit a baby about 1 year old for some reason this pattern/ slip was designed to fit a newborn so it is much smaller than the other ones.

hem

Pattern of tatting is in the original post of when I was making this tatting.  I added tatting to the neck area, arm holes and hem of the slip.  I used cotton batiste for this again.  All these dresses and slips have french seams.

back reproduction
Advertisements

>Last two days to sign up for giveaway

>To enter the giveaway look for the link on the side bar.  For those who are new to my blog this is where the pattern is for the crochet piece featured in my blog banner.

front cover

>Part 6:1940s baby slip plain

>

baby slip

This one is rather plain to say the least.  There is no crochet, tatting or embroidery on it. I am not sure what it is made from might be rayon or silk.    There are some dry rott damage to it but I can’t do anything about that meaning no reapirs were done to this one.

dry rot dry rot

This one was so simple I added lace to my reproduction and I did it in cotton batiste as well not the fabric it was as I don’t have something like that.  If any one thinks they can tell me what this fabric is.  I drapes like rayon but feels like silk sort of confusing to me.