- Needle (size 10 crewel needle)
- thread to match fabric this is a regular weight 100% cotton sewing thread
- Clean up edge by trimming off all ravels
- turn the raw edge to the wrong side (1/8 inch) (actual hem will be about 1/2 of this width that was pressed)
- Attach thread into the fabric fold (securing it well ie a knot)
- Make tiny stitch into the garment just below the raw edge. Go straight up and go into the fold travel for about 1/4 of an inch. * repeat this up and down motion in stitching. You should have a series of parallel lines (threads) see photo
- when you have made several of these make sure needle is in the fold in the top and pull the thread to close the opening. This will form a tiny rolled hem.