I have been working on this for about 1 month on and off. When ever I was waiting for my children to come out of school I would pull this out and do a little bit of work on it. I am debating if I should write up the pattern and make it available if interested let me know by leaving a comment here in this post.
I got close to finishing a few days ago and realized I was not liking the way it hung. The thread was too light and did not drape well. So I decided I would add large rocaille beads to the edge to give it weight and make it hang nicer than it was. The thread is boil fast thread from Mexico (Granny’s is the name of it) but I found it thrift shopping in Utah. I like the way it now looks now that it has weight and has been blocked. This might look like it is a lot of thread but it is only 2 balls of that thread as that is all I could find and two jars of beads the whole thing when crumbled fits into the palm of one hand. That is the main reason it needed the weight to hold it down. I finished making it last night at 2 am (sick husband kept me up). Got it wet and blocked it so this morning when I woke up it was all done.
There is no pattern for this at this time it is just what came out of my head as I crocheted. Like I said above if interested in the pattern leave a comment on this blog post if I get enough I will write it up and make it available.