beaded headpiece

right side and front 

Remember how for the play I was looking for a beaded head band that I made years ago to put on Potifer's wife.  Wouldn't you know it I just found it.  Too late for the play but hey you get to see it all the same.  It is the same design on the front as the one…
Read more »

Helm chainmaille earrings with beads

helm earrings 
Another item I made while visiting my sister-in-law was this pair of earrings.  When I got home I added the beads to the maille.  I really miss having this sister-in-law live near by I have so much fun with her.  I have dragged her to…

Read more »

4 in 1 English chainmaille belt

as a belt
Long ago when I was in high school I made a chainmaille skirt (from when I use to go to Ren-Fairs a lot) I have no idea where it is now.  Over the last eight days I have been visiting with relatives and one of them had some links…
Read more »

Caramel Apples

caraqmel apples I made

Last week for family home evening the girls and I made caramel apples from scratch.  MMMMM so good!  We used this recipe from the Anderson’s that I posted a few years back just cooked it a little longer to the hard ball stage to make the caramel a little more ridged so it would not slide off of the apples.  Place on a greased cookie sheet to cool and enjoy. Please let me know if you make some and if you enjoyed them.

N. J. & Crocodile Amigurmi

amugurmi made by my middle daughter 

As you know if you have read this blog very long my daughters love to make amiguri animals dolls people.  Quiet often they make them for friends as gifts.    This first one is actually a friend…
Read more »

Beadwork collar

IMG_8414

I love this collar I originally started it in size 10 seed beads the same as the hat but as I was supper close to deadlines I stopped that one and started over with size 0/6 Czech glass seed beads.  Which made it exactly the size I wanted it to be hitting right at the edge of the shoulder.  It took me two days to make…
Read more »

Beadwork hat finished

back

This hat was done in time for the play along with 157 other items I made between Sept 20 and October 13 ( 23 days).  That was an insane three weeks but well worth the effort the student did such a spectacular job on the play I was glad I could contribute to it.  I made the items in a total of about 415 hours…
Read more »

Previous Older Entries