My oldest,and middle daughters and myself are collaborating on this piece. They crocheted most of the pieces. I did the grapes and the cord around the edge. this is part of Amy’s last costume and part of my middle daughters master project on Annie Sullivan for school. The opening on the neck was to low so this is how we are solving that.
16 Feb 2013 Leave a comment
Been having lots of dental check ups for the family. So while waiting for each persons turn I worked on this scarf for the play. The color is copper worsted weight size 8 needles 4 blocks plus boarders wide and 85 blocks plus boarders long. Unblocked that works out to 6 inches by 6feet 6 inches. I do not know the blocked size as I have not done that yet to it.
22 Jan 2013 2 Comments
Here is the start of a costume for my oldest daughter to wear as Aunt March in the play "Little Woman". The production is not till May but for once I can get ahead start and good becasue the costumes are crazy difficult to make. This dress alone has over 154 cut pieces of fabric that have to be sewn together into a dress. I have lost count after that point but add about 20 to 30 more and that is this dress.
Read more »
11 Jan 2013 Leave a comment
First I lined all the areas I want to knit in with Romanian cord just so I have something to attach the knitted piece too.
Read more »
07 Sep 2012 4 Comments
I finished the yellow sweater or should I say it finished itself for me. Meaning I ran out of the yellow cotton I was using. I would have liked it to be about six to eight inches longer and the sleeves about 4 inches longer but that is how it goes. I think it will be nice in winter over a colored t-shirt to not have it be so open at the neck area plus it will be a nice color contrast there. Just enough warmth for fall with out a coat and in winter with a coat.
06 Sep 2012 Leave a comment
Here is the pattern for the September RPLAL.
The actuall patter is much darker than the above picture. download below